The Foundation for the Awakening Mind is a non-profit organization registered and existing under the laws of Delaware, USA. Its registered address is 80 W 100 N, PO Box 789, Kamas, UT 84036, USA. The Foundation for the Awakening Mind is the data controller of the personal data that we collect from our customers and Website visitors.
- The Information We Collect and How It’s Used
- Purpose of Data Processing
- How We Share Your Personal Information and Who We Share It With
- Security Measures
- Retention Periods
- Your Rights
- Age Restrictions
- Further Questions and Contacts
1. The Information We Collect and How It’s Used
What do we collect?
- When you browse this Site we collect automated personal information, such as your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, and operating system. We also use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to collect information about how our visitors use this Site (number of visits, which pages were visited, etc.).
- When you browse this Site, we automatically collect and store your IP address, page URL, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date and time, and request type to our Site, as well as error responses returned by our Site in log files.
- When you use a form on this Site, we receive and store all information you enter. For example, information is stored from our newsletter sign-up and contact forms. This can include personal information like IP address, name, address, and telephone number, as well as email address (in order to do things like: receive our newsletter, request information, get support, and use our Services). We also record all form submissions in order to have an accurate record of all communication. This is needed to provide our Services, administer this Site, and to support any action taken by our team (responding to questions, troubleshooting issues, etc.).
- When signing up for our Services, products, or programs, we receive and store additional personal and payment information which can include, but is not limited to, your name, credit card information, payment provider, billing address, and identification numbers.
How do we use your information?
- We use your email address to contact you regarding any inquiry you make via contact forms or to send newsletters (if you have explicitly opted in for this), and to inform you of functionality changes to any products you have purchased or programs you have signed up for.
- We need your payment and billing information as well as your contact details to open a membership account for you, to process your orders and membership renewals, to invoice you, and to fulfill our legal obligations for tax calculations.
- We collect automated personal information (via analytics tools and log files), which is not linked to any personally identifiable information, to administer our Site and Services. Information we receive via analytics tools is used to improve our Services. Information in log files is used for diagnosing and resolving problems and administering our Site.
- Information from forms on our Site is used to have an accurate record of all inquiries in case of a dispute and to identify characteristics that can help us improve our products and Services.
2. Purposes of Data Processing
When you access our Site, we need to collect, use, and process your information. We only collect the minimum personal data needed to deliver any Services to you and only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for. We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- The use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual (membership) obligations in order to provide our Services.
- The use of your personal information is necessary to comply with legal obligation, court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations.
We also process personal information of our Site visitors for the purposes of our legitimate interests of:
- running, growing, developing, and delivering our Services;
- detecting and preventing fraudulent activities;
- better understanding of how people interact with our Website;
- enhancing, modifying, personalizing, or otherwise improving our Services and communications for the benefit of our visitors.
We rely on your consent to use your personal information to send you newsletters by email. You may withdraw your consent at any time by using the “Unsubscribe” link in emails you receive from us or by contacting us using the details in the “Further Questions and Contacts” section of this Policy.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information and Who We Share It With
All personal information collected by Awakening Mind is treated as confidential. Keeping appropriate safeguards for your privacy in mind, we disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below:
- If we are required by law, we will disclose information about you, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legitimate governmental request.